Are you a high energy individual seeking new challenges? Are you a person who is independent and enjoys networking relationship building? Servicing and growing an existing client base, the Media Consultant continuously increases sales revenue and maintains strong business relationships with top local companies.
The individual is accountable for acquiring new accounts through various strategies including generating leads, networking with key decision makers and active researching. They are also responsible for introducing and selling innovative marketing solutions to local real estate agents and brokerages while achieving aggressive revenue targets. Reporting directly to the Real Estate Sales Manager, this position will reside at the Metroland Toronto location. This position will provide candidates, including recent graduates, the opportunity to gain sales exposure and to be part of one of Canada's leading community media companies. We will provide you with the support and training you will need in order to be successful. Your career starts here!
- Networking with local leading companies through sourcing leads, cold calling, and research, resulting in sales of multi-media platforms.
- The desire to consistently attain and/or surpass sales and hitting revenue targets to earn market competitive incentives.
- Inspire and excite customers with your own creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of the organization.
- Keep connected with both new and existing clients to encourage ongoing sales as well as integrate new products to offer a more robust portfolio.
- Provide consulting, using out-of-the-box thinking for creating proposals to meeting customer's marketing needs.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers to build lucrative business opportunities.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and ensure superior customer satisfaction through professional customer service.
- Negotiate and structure sales agreements with new and existing customers while maintain positive business relationships.
- Work with an energetic, supportive and team-oriented department while simultaneously achieving your own independent goals.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing or in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years Sales experience with a proven history of achieving and surpassing sales targets and unprecedented drive for results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams, salespeople, support staff and executives.
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
- Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Valid Driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.