Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
This is a unique position and opportunity for a self-starter who enjoys customer service and problem solving. As part of the team you will be the first point contact for customers and potential customers who connect to us directly from in person or by telephone. Your top priority will be to correctly identify the customer’s needs and transition them to staff/sales people who can immediately help. You will develop an internal network to problem solve and work towards being the “go to” person for internal contact information. As the receptionist you will be the first to greet our visitors.
- Respond to customers inquiries by phone or email, efficiently and accurately
- Provide excellent customer service in addition to maintaining positive relationships with customers
- Greet and direct visitors in compliance with PCI and Health & Safety policies
- As part of this role you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, order stationery and office supplies
- Manage newspaper product flow
- Coordinate changes to building security system, phone system and balance of any cash transactions necessary from classified advertising sales
- Maintain an up-to-date internal listing of key sales, editorial and distribution contacts
- Communicate with managers and team members as needed regarding client data and confirmation of information
- Develop exceptional knowledge of Metroland products, services and regional structures
- Perform administrative assistance for Finance
- Provide support and follow day-to-day instructions of the Executive Assistant
- Prepare materials for internal and external couriers
- Maintain reception area product display
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Post- Secondary Education in any related field
- Minimum 1+years in Customer Service environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Superior customer service, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills including the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients
- Strong administration skills with accurately updating and maintaining information
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction or supervision
- Responsibility in meeting all work times and reliable attendance each and every scheduled work day.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail
- Effective organization skills, ability to manage time and priorities tasks appropriately
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion with such material and information
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, occasional lifting up to 10kg, keyboarding and bending floor to waist
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.