A subsidiary of Torstar Corporation, Metroland is one of Canada’s premier media companies. Metroland delivers up-to-the-minute vital business and community information to millions of people across Ontario. We have grown significantly in recent years in terms of audience and advertisers and we’re continuing to invest heavily in developing best-in-class talent, products and technology to accelerate our growth in the media landscape and strengthen our connection to the community. For further information, please visit www.metroland.com
Metroland East/Performance Printing is looking for a Mail and Variable Imaging Coordinator. Do you like working with numbers, data and spreadsheets? Are you detailed oriented? This would be a great career for you. We have locations in Ottawa, Smiths Falls, Kingston and Peterborough.
- Prepare FSA plans for internal and external customers as requested
- Process customer supplied mailing lists, dedupe, clean, merge/purge as required
- Sort customer supplied lists for Canada Post or USPS as required
- Prepare Statements of Mailing (SOM) for CPC or USPS
- Print bag tags, bundle sheets, etc. as required to process mailing
- Communicate mailing requirements to lettershop production team
- Program and execute VDP print orders for cash sale and prospective customers
- Open and close monthly dockets for cash sales and prospective customers
- Prepare invoices and packing slips for VDP cash sales and prospective customers
- Accurately update and verify customer information and manage Excel tracking sheets and internal database.
- Communicate with managers and team members as needed regarding client data and confirmation of information.
- Field quote requests, enquiries, and concerns from customers and potential clients.
- Plans, coordinates and monitors VDP print projects from time order is given through to shipment of finished product
- Ensures customers are kept current with status of the work in process and works to resolve manufacturing problems with both internal production staff and customer
- Takes steps to ensure VDP print projects are kept on track and on schedule throughout the entire manufacturing process
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Post-Secondary Education in any or related field
- Minimum 2+ years in Lettershop and/or print environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CSV files, FusionPro
- Maintain fluency with CPC and UPSP postal pre-sorting software (iaddress, AccuZip/AccuTrace, Postal One, WindowBook, EST)
- Strong written and verbal communication and competent listener
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Canada Post and USPS postal systems and regulations
- Strong administration skills with accurately updating and maintaining information
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.