Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
The Northumberland News Room is looking for someone who is action-oriented, driven for results, able to learn on the fly, customer-focused, composed and creative.
- To sell online marketing solutions to local businesses.
- To have the tenacity and persistence to succeed in local advertising sales including Community Sites, online Auctions and other future projects.
- On a daily basis, to prospect for new accounts including researching advertisers in competitors publications and digital sites – along with reviewing new businesses in the area.
- To create written proposals for potential advertisers using statistical information to illustrate how the digital media advertising program will meet their business needs.
- To create and present sales proposals to clients as required.
- To assist clients in ad design and provide Production with clear and organized instructions/designs for ads.
- Attain and/or surpass sales targets.
- To co-ordinate the online content with advertisers.
- To address customer concerns in a timely and appropriate manner, advising the manager where appropriate.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and telephone skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A hunter mentality, with the confidence and drive to excel at generating and closing new business
- Goal-oriented and capable of meeting aggressive weekly targets.
- Highly motivated by monetary incentives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Independent, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Extremely ambitious with an outstanding work ethic and unprecedented drive for immediate results.
- Sound knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.