Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
The individual will be responsible for the creation and execution of audience-centric, integrated campaign/ program, tapping into all available solutions (Digital, ROP, Toolbox, etc.) for multi-platforms and taking concept to reality working in collaboration with Editorial, Marketing, Product Development and Sales Teams. Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Operations Retail this position will work with the team at the Waterloo Region Record. This position will provide candidates the opportunity to be part of one of Canada's leading community media companies.
- Introduce leading edge industry knowledge and trends to the business and our client;
- Develop custom audience development advertising campaign proposals across multiple platforms based on client needs and objectives, guiding internal and external clients in defining vision, measurement strategy and infrastructure requirements to support business objectives and improve client decision-making;
- Analyze and interpret data from audience database to build a consultative multi-platform sales plan for clients;
- Produce visually arresting and conceptually engaging presentations/media plans and/or deliver presentation/media plan in a way that demonstrates benefit to client/agency, as required;
- Manage post-sale due diligence including scheduling, internal communication; analysis reporting and the provision of detailed final campaign reports, including recommendations which promote analytic as critical component of decision making for future campaigns;
- Attend client meeting with Media Sales Consultant as necessary to better understand client needs.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A digital native who thrives in a fast paced multi-platform environment;
- Brainstorm, conceive of and apply unique and creative solutions to everyday situations and problems;
- A passion for constantly learning and keeping up to speed with industry knowledge;
- Organized, structured, persistent, analytical, sensitive, logical, precise and systematic;
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines to ensure campaign optimization;
- Strong client facing presence with superior communication, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Exhibit a high degree of ownership, taking pride in their campaign and the results it achieves for the client and Starmetroland Media;
- Strong understanding of marketing and how to drive ROI for advertisers;
- A team player who builds respect and credibility with stakeholders by adding value;
- Has energy and drive to succeed, a self-starter.
- A minimum post-secondary education in Marketing, Sales or another related discipline and a minimum of 3-5 years of media sales experience;
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level understanding of social media, integrated advertising trends/landscapes and its potential benefits combined with solid business acumen;
- Proficient in the use of social media, mobile platforms, interactive web applications.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.