Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Or something more specific to your location
We are seeking a high energy, experienced and proven individual to manage sales at the Hamilton Spectator. Reporting into the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for developing and leading sales strategies, building local print & digital solutions for new and existing accounts in a way that will generate results. As a selling manager, you will provide training and coaching to our team of sales professionals, and ensure the team is exceeding their targets.
- Implement and drive the sales strategy for the Hamilton Spectator, for both new and existing clients.
- Manage the daily sales activities and revenue targets for a team of up to (14) Account Executives who are focused on driving sales in various categories including travel, products, entertainment and grocery.
- Provide direction, mentorship, training, coaching to the sales team by setting clear expectations/targets and personally going on sales calls to support the team.
- Lead quarterly account planning with the team of professional sales representatives in effort to exceed the high margin sales opportunities across all market categories.
- Provide feedback to marketing and the product development team to ensure we have consolidated feedback from our partners and end users
- Prospect and identify key individuals within potential new client accounts to lay the foundation for long lasting relationships
- Assess a client’s advertising requirements and build campaigns that best suit their needs
- Perform ongoing outbound sales calls to new prospects as well as current clients
- Attend industry events and monitor current and emerging trends in the market
- Lead the development of merchant promotions to nurture and grow our customer list.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships, knowledge, expertise and insights on clients, to build business opportunities.
- Overcome obstacles and objections with your team members and ensure superior customer satisfaction.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 5 years sales management experience with a proven track record in year over year growth.
- Formal sales training and experience using a CRM tool
- A university degree in marketing or business studies is preferred
- Proven ability to successfully drive revenue and acquire new business
- Ability to translate our products into a compelling customer benefit.
- Strong presentation, sales, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate leadership
- Proven ability to successfully develop, mentor, and raise overall knowledge and expertise of sales team members in a way that drives results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Sales Force will be considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with clients and team members.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong initiative, working within limited direct supervision, and ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.