A subsidiary of Torstar Corporation, Metroland is one of Canada’s premier media companies. Metroland delivers up-to-the-minute vital business and community information to millions of people across Ontario. We have grown significantly in recent years in terms of audience and advertisers and we’re continuing to invest heavily in developing best-in-class talent, products and technology to accelerate our growth in the media landscape and strengthen our connection to the community. For further information, please visit www.metroland.com.
Metroland East is looking for a part time 3rd Operator for our Distribution Centre to support our newspaper inserting production line.
- Independently oversee general operation of back table machine and equipment to ensure quality of production.
- Properly manage products through material handling and ensure correct versions of flyers are used for insertion.
- Address mechanical needs of machinery including maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of equipment while maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Communicate production status reports to Senior Operator and log all service activity and production output.
- Complete and enforce all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assist in general operation of machinery including insertion of flyers and bundling of newspapers. Other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to excel and make quality decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift minimum 35 lbs. and stand for an extend period of time with ease.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with team members and management.
- Ability to be trained with material handling equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and competent listener.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Open-minded with a willingness to be trained by a Senior Operator.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.