Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
Metroland Printing division is seeking a talented individual for the role of Production Coordinator. Working closely with our in-house Production team, the successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be strongly organized and will have demonstrated an ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy. As a Production Coordinator you will be working closely with all aspects of production, lending your energy, drive, creativity and assistance to the project and team. This is a temporary 1 year full-time contract.
- Ensure client satisfaction through effective and timely communication of instructions and information between sales, all departments of the manufacturing division, subcontractors and our clients.
- Ensure that all departments of the manufacturing division and our subcontractors are informed of our clients’ product requirements in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all departments of the manufacturing division and our subcontractors are supplied with all necessary support information, including but not limited to, press layouts, dummies, purchase orders, printed samples, colour proofing material, run lists, insert requirements, etc.
- Ensure all pertinent product information is collected and processed quickly and completely from our account managers or clients.
- Provide job status at any given time to all departments of the manufacturing division, subcontractors and our account managers.
- Advise your supervisor of any job running off schedule.
- React proactively to any changes in job parameters, and communicate these changes quickly and concisely to your supervisor, all affected departments of the manufacturing division, subcontractors and our account managers.
- Scrutinize sales orders, ensuring that all required information has been clearly recorded.
- Initiate a production docket containing all accurate information necessary to ensure client satisfaction.
- Offer to your supervisor and/or manager any ideas that are felt may benefit the department or company.
- Observe and comply with all company rules and policies, including but not limited to, the Health and Safety policy and plant and departmental safety rules
- Wear any personal safety equipment supplied by the company.
- Immediately report to your supervisor any safety hazards observed.
- Participate in Health and Safety programs and actively support the maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace.
- Complete any other tasks assigned, as needed, by your supervisor.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree or Diploma in a related field preferred.
- Must possess 1 years of experience in a similar position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as a competent listener.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to operational excellence.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to manage time appropriately.
- Team-oriented individual who can adapt to a changing environment and continuously accommodate various demands.
- Customer focused professional with the ability to positively interact with team members and management.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.