Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Or something more specific to your location
We are looking for a hard working individual that is interested in a part time position as an Office Administrator. This position is responsible for top-rate customer service to customers and clients along with various administrative tasks. Reporting to the Director of Media, this position resides at our Georgetown location.
- Provide excellent customer service while answering and directing all incoming phone calls.
- Handle customer walk-in inquiries and payments.
- Generate sales leads for the sales team.
- Assist with classified section customers and report all paid ads to the classified department prior to press deadline.
- General office administration duties including mail pick up, meeting preparation, ordering office supplies, liaise with cleaning company, contractors, or repairman.
- Special Event organization including invitations, organizing attendees, and greeting/directing day of.
- Complete monthly statements including “tear sheets” and “prepare for mailing”.
- Upload missing ads every Thursday to our Print 2 Web system.
- Prepare all cash receipts- collect payment, copy all cheques, close off POS Machine, fill out report for each, forward to Head Office, and deposit at the bank.
- Manage cash and re-imbursement including: account for all money spent, assign the cost centre for all expenses, fill out a balanced report, copy all receipts and forward to accounts payable.
- Support sales team with accounting inquiries, refunds, payments, reprinting of invoices, amendments to client information, and work with accounting as needed for payment discrepancies.
- Manage Reader’s Choice database.
- Advise distribution of newspaper start and stop requests.
- Replenish newspaper boxes.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years of experience in Office Administration.
- Accounting or equivalent Educational Background is an asset.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as well as a competent listener.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately. Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment.
- Customer focused, with strong interpersonal skills.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.