Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our Circulation team to help grow our carrier force and customer base.
To manage delivery concerns for publication's territory
To answer phones and log concerns
To visit designated households towards recruiting newspaper carriers and continuing customer retention throughout the Durham Region.
To resolve delivery issues via communication with delivery person & customers
Effectively communicate with customers/carriers and to conduct yourself in a professional manner, maintaining positive relationships.
To ensure communication provided per contract specifications
- Ability to follow direction and work in accordance to the standards and Metroland policies
- Update and maintain and communicate records daily.
- Ability to uphold and follow up on leads
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
To participate in weekly team meetings
To participate in and support carrier events
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Superior customer service skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding customers
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
- Comfortable and able to learn on the Fly
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs and to walk for a period of time
- Must be able to work in the office as well as occasionally in the field servicing customers, delivering carrier supplies, etc.
- Valid Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.