Star Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Star Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are seeking to fill a part time Sales Advisor position at The Hamilton Spectator. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting clients with advertisement copy and design as well as with Star Metroland marketing programs, researching advertisers in competing publications and websites and prospecting and developing new clientele.
- Be comfortable taking incoming calls as well as making outbound calls to solicit additional business for special features
- Be a motivated professional with superior customer sales and service skills
- Be able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Develop strong business relationships with customers to build business opportunities
- Be well organized and able to meet daily deadlines
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Responsible for assisting clients with advertisement copy and design as well as with Metroland marketing programs
- Researching advertisers in competing publications and websites and prospecting and developing new clientele
- Accurately create ad text for the online listing with close attention to detail
- Accurately record information in a database
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Possess superior customer service skills and enjoy working in a customer service environment
- Show ability and drive to build and develop effective relationships with clients
- Very personable and comfortable on the phone
- Must have exceptional computer & Internet skills including 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word & Outlook skills a must)
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and variable hours
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Fast learner, with the need to learn on the fly
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - English spelling and grammar accuracy a must
- Creativity and good vocabulary is required to compose Ad Text
- Outstanding work ethic, high energy and action oriented
- Ability to work cooperatively in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and continually upgrade skills
- Problem solving skills
- Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle credit cards in a safe and compliant manner
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Star Metroland Media is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media organization listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B) with a long, proud history in newspapers and a passion for capitalizing on the dynamic world of digital and mobile media. Torstar is energized by a deep customer-centric obsession, continued journalistic excellence, advanced data-driven competency and a culture that is selfless, focused, agile and collaborative
- Are you a high energy individual seeking new challenges?
- Are you a person who is independent and enjoys networking relationship building?
The Hamilton Spectator is currently recruiting for a full time Account Executive to be:
- Responsible for introducing and selling innovative marketing solutions to local small and medium-sized businesses while achieving aggressive revenue targets
- Accountable for acquiring new accounts
- Continuously increasing sales revenue while maintaining strong business relationships with top local companies.
This position will provide candidates, including recent graduates, the opportunity to gain sales exposure and to be part of one of Canada's leading media companies. We will provide you with the support and training you will need to be successful. Your career starts here!
- Networking with local leading companies through sourcing leads, cold calling, and research, resulting in sales of multi-media platforms.
- The desire to consistently attain and/or surpass sales and hitting revenue targets to earn market competitive incentives.
- Inspire and excite customers with your own creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of the organization.
- Keep connected with both new and existing clients to encourage ongoing sales as well as integrate new products to offer a more robust portfolio.
- Provide consulting, using out-of-the-box thinking for creating proposals to meeting customer's marketing needs.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers to build lucrative business opportunities.
- Interact with a variety of personalities and ensure superior customer satisfaction through professional customer service.
- Negotiate and structure sales agreements with new and existing customers while maintain positive business relationships.
- Work with an energetic, supportive and team-oriented department while simultaneously achieving your own independent goals.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets.
- Minimum of 3 years Sales experience with a proven history of achieving and surpassing sales targets and unprecedented drive for results.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or in a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams, salespeople, support staff and executives.
- Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Valid Driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.