Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bring new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are seeking energetic and reliable professionals to join our Hamilton Spectator team as Customer Service Representatives. The successful candidates will be responsible for answering incoming customer calls, placing outbound verification calls, utilizing company policies to solve customer issues and directing calls to the managerial team when necessary.
Why work here?
- Flexible schedules, 25+ hours per week
- Training Provided
- Performance Incentives
- Hourly Increase after 6 months
- Benefit Eligibility
- Opportunity to join Pension plan upon hire!
- First point of contact in a customer service role, answering general phone and e-mail inquiries and providing solutions in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in addition to maintaining positive relationships with customers.
- Accurately update and verify customer information and managing additional tracking sheets and internal database.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or Post-Secondary Education is an asset
- Minimum 1+ year in Customer Service and/or call center experience is an asset.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite and database entering.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills when dealing with escalated customer requests.
- Adept administration skills with accurately updating and maintaining information.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion.
- Personal, professional and upbeat personality with a team first mentality
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.