Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario’s door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
We are looking for an individual interested in a Sales Representative position. Applicants must be self-starters and exceptionally goal oriented as the focus of this position is on developing new revenue opportunities for both the print and digital media products.
- Prospect for new accounts, source leads, cold call, and research to generate sales in multi-media platforms
- Responsible for ongoing sales with both new and existing clients
- Consistently attain and/or surpass sales targets and hitting revenue targets
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients to build business opportunities
- Provide professional customer service in ensuring superior client satisfaction at all times
- Create proposals and advertising solutions through compelling business cases
- Provide customers with creative and effective advertising solutions and play a key role in the overall success of our organization
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing or in a related field preferred
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales targets
- Effectively communicate with managers and clients verbally and in written format
- Extraordinary presentation skills in both developing and presenting digital business cases
- Competent individual who understands the strategy of the department and focuses on tasks to assist it
- Proficient in using Microsoft office and capable of adapting to new systems
- A Valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.