Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
The Waterloo Region Record is currently recruiting for a part time Customer Service Representative.
- First point of contact in a customer service role, answering general phone and e-mail inquiries and providing solutions in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in addition to maintaining positive relationships with customers.
- Accurately update and verify customer information and managing additional Excel tracking sheets and internal database.
- Communicate with managers and team members as needed regarding client data and confirmation of information.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is PCI compliant company, and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Post-Secondary Education in any or related field.
- Minimum 2+ years in Customer Service environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication and competent listener.
- Superior customer skills including having the ability to placate challenging and demanding clients.
- Strong administration skills with accurately updating and maintaining information.
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment with strong attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion.
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Customer Service Representative
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.