Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in-print, online, trade shows and distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario's largest and most successful community news and information source, provides local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada's heartland.
Metroland's diverse array of on-line products are visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market in order to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com.
We are currently looking for a helper who is responsible for stacking down and building neat bundles of materials as well as loading skids of printed newspaper and commercial copies for shipment. Reporting to the Manager, the individual will assist press room staff with clean-up and maintenance.
- Ability to jog and stack printed paper and bundles to pallets
- Ensure printed copies are stacked neatly into bundles and onto skids
- Accurately bundle and ensure skid counts match customer orders
- Versatile in all positions and will fill vacancies and provide support in all positions of staff, when necessary
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Good manual dexterity to jog and stack printed paper bundles to pallets
- Ability to stand for most of the work shift
- Ability to work in a quick paced team environment
- Capable of working in a team environment and maintain positive relationships with team members
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven and demanding environment
- Access to a reliable vehicle or reliable transportation accommodations
- Training provided as required to safely perform this position
- This position requires the ability to work a 12 hour, rotating day and night shift in our 24 hour operation (no weekends)
OUR AODA COMMITMENT
Metroland is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Metroland will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.